Monday, June 17, 2013

Since I often get asked if we do 'more than just kitchens' I thought it might be a great idea to feature a couple of jobs we finished recently that aren't kitchens, but workspaces for a couple of very lovely and creative clients. Plenty of my work time is spent at my desk in the studio so I know how special it is to have a little bit of space that works for you, comforts you and inspires you too, just like a good kitchen I suppose!

Both of these projects were created with chain of custody certified plywood varieties playing off each other to create some considered lines and shapes in the spaces, creating required open and closed storage and desk platforms. The liney laminations of the plywood edge were deliberately exposed in shadow lines, shelving and cut outs for handles. I don't know quite what it is but plywood seems to suit creative spaces, and I am a massive fan of the detail of an expressed plywood edge.

Thank you to T and T for the privilege of helping you to create your creative spaces, I really enjoyed it and am so glad you are happy with the results of our efforts.

Take care, Druce